Sawyer Permethrin Clothing Insect Repellent not only repels insects, it actually kills mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, mites, and more than 55 other kinds of insects on contact. Odorless after drying, Permethrin will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or any of your gear
- Use Permethrin on clothing by itself or with skin-applied repellents to create the ultimate protective, armor-like insect barrier.
- Effective against the Yellow Fever Mosquito which can transmit the Zika Virus
- Insect-killing repellent for your clothing is effective against ticks, chiggers, mites and mosquitoes including the Zika-transmitting Yellow Fever Mosquito; as effective as 100 percent DEET
- Lasts up to 6 weeks (or 6 washings); will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or outdoor gear
- Odorless after drying; ideal for use while hunting
- Single application lasts up to 42 days of sun exposure, or 6 washings.
- 24-ounce pump spray treats up to 4 complete outfits or 8 garments; non-aerosol pump bottle; color of bottle may vary
- For use on clothing, tents, sleeping bags, and other outdoor gear
- A complete outfit consists of a shirt, pants, and pair of socks, and each garment needs 3 ounces of Permethrin to be effective.
How Does Permethrin Work?
Permethrin is odorless after drying and will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, plastics, finished surfaces, or any of your outdoor gear. Use it while hunting for an odorless way to protect yourself from common bugs. The active ingredient Permethrin is a synthetic molecule similar to pyrethrum which is taken from the Chrysanthemum flower.
Permethrin Tips & Tricks
- For optimal protection, apply a topical repellent to exposed skin.
- Hand wash and air dry to preserve the application. Select gentle wash and dry cycles.
- Store garments in dark plastic bags between uses to help preserve application.
- For luggage, spray inside your bags when you travel to avoid transporting insects back home.
- Do not expose cats to wet Permethrin (dried Permethrin-treated fabric has no effect).